When replacing any of your HVAC systems, faultless installation is just as important as the proper choice of unit. You can buy the most suitable heating, ventilation, or air conditioning equipment, but you can’t get excellent results when the workmanship is less than perfect. Like in plumbing, working with the right technician for the job is a non-negotiable requirement in the HVAC field.
No matter where you live or how big your family is, everyone can stand to save a little money now and then, especially when it comes to home expenses. The team at $25 Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning loves helping Rancho Cucamonga homeowners save money on home services. That’s why we have put together a list of our top money-saving articles for homeowners in the area.
How to Save Money on Home Services in Rancho Cucamonga
Below are some of our top articles on saving money on home improvement and expenses from deep in our blog archives:
Keeping a budget and determining how much you need to spend on different home services and systems will not only help you save money in the long run, but it will also help you make sure that you are not stuck with too many surprise home costs. The articles below offer a wealth of information on home budgeting:
- One of the best ways to save money throughout the year is to create (and stick to) a budget. In Tips for Creating a Budget for Home Maintenance in 2017, we lay out some basic tips for creating an effective home budget for the new year. Though we may already be halfway through January, it’s never too late to start budgeting your funds. Share this article with a friend or family member who has a hard time budgeting their money.
- The key to budgeting effectively and creating a budget that you can actually stick to is accurately estimating your monthly and yearly costs. In Estimating Your Home Air Conditioning Monthly Spending, we explain how you can estimate your air conditioning costs so that you are able to budget more effectively throughout the year. This is a great article for those who are completely clueless as to how much they will spend on cooling costs throughout the year.
Money-Saving HVAC Tips
At $25 Dollar, we are always looking for ways to save our customers money. That’s why we often offer our blog readers tips for saving money when it comes to HVAC. Here are just a couple of articles you may enjoy if you want to cut HVAC costs:
- Proper insulation is a vital part of maintaining HVAC efficiency and saving money on heating and cooling costs. In 7 Insulation Tips to Help You Save Money, we tell you all that you need to know about effectively insulating your home on a budget. This is a great article for anyone that enjoys saving money and DIY home improvement.
- Why You Should Be Wary of Bargain HVAC Repairs is all about why there are some HVAC services that you just shouldn’t look for bargains on. A special company promotion from a reputable dealer can be a good way to save money, but as this article demonstrates, cheap HVAC services from a bargain-rate company can lead to unnecessary charges, hidden fees, break down, and repeated failed attempts to fix your problem, which end up costing you more in the end.
Can’t get enough of our informative content? Be sure to check back on our blog each month for new articles about HVAC, home comfort, home improvement, and much more. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ to stay up-to-date with the latest Rancho Cucamonga news and updates from $25 Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.
A few years ago,the water heater was the single largest load in a typical home. Today, however, new technologies have made them more efficient, accounting for less than 18 percent of your energy bill. Water heaters provide your home with hot water for bathing and washing among other things. The following are the most popular types of water heaters.
1. Conventional Water Heaters
These are the most popular water heating systems in the world. They come with a huge tank that can hold between 20 to 80 gallons of water. They also have a heat source, which may be an electric heater, or a furnace that burns heating oil, natural gas, propane, coal or wood among other types of fossil fuels. Natural gas is an inexpensive fuel and it is readily available in most parts of the country, so it is the most popular energy source for conventional water heaters.
2. Instant or Tankless Water heaters
As the name suggests, these heaters do not have a storage tank. The heating system is usually activated on demand. For instance, if you want to have a hot shower, all you need to do is turn it on. Most tankless heaters use electricity, but some models are powered by natural gas or propane. By eliminating standby losses, these heaters can cut your energy bill by up to 20 percent.
3. Solar Water Heaters
This is one of the most cost effective water heating solutions available today. In fact, it is basically free. Once the cost of producing and setting up the solar hot water system has been offset, you can enjoy free hot water for life. The system consists of a water tank and a collector. The latter is responsible for heating water using sunlight. Solar water heaters are perfect for heating the pool. They are also best suited for use in states and countries that receive intense sunlight throughout the year.
4. Heat Pump Water Heaters
This is one of the most revolutionary technologies in the heating industry. A heat pump is basically a refrigerator working in reverse. It uses electrical energy to move heat from one location and dumps it where water needs to be cooled.
Choosing the right water heater is the key to achieving energy efficiency in your home. Call us for all heating and air conditioning needs.